Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day is Over, sigh...

Wow! Boudoir was SUPER fun this last month! I am missing it already.

I had a great mix of ladies that I knew, ladies I had never met before - and ladies who traveled a loooong way to have me take photos of them in their skivvies.

I did a few weekends of one-on-one boudoir sessions and two evenings of having a big group for a "Boudoir Party". I find that people are definitely more comfortable in groups for this kind of thing! Being women, we need that crazy lady energy to give us strength and confidence and to giggle with and someone to open the bottle and pour for us and someone to drink with...
One night I had a great mix of boudoir vets with new boudoir clients, and that was so fun and interesting! The nervous giggles in the beginning of the evening that led to the throaty laughs of the ladies who were done, and relieved!

I had likened myself to a gynocologist/psychologist before - but all I meant by that was the physical instruction. "Slide your butt to the edge, right there, now relax your knees". But someone pointed out that I actually sounded more like a yoga instructor. I like that better, I'm sticking with it.

I will be offering mini-sessions again around Father's Day - because, who's your daddy? Yeah.
I shoot here at my house - in my "studio" (mom cave) and in our guest bedroom. I pretty much have a set choreography I put you through, but am totally open to doing whatever you may be looking for! Most people say, "I have no idea what to do, you tell me". Absolutely! That's my job. I'm getting better at it all the time. Other people send me You Tube Videos, websites, or whole packets in the mail describing and showing what they are looking for. I'm game! Its all an awesome learning experience for me! This is a no judgement zone!
I've shot people in their 20's and people in their 60's. All different body shapes, and they are ALL so beautiful!

So that's my spiel for now. I will let boudoir go whilst I concentrate on Spring Mini-shoots (to be announced soon) and Easter shoots - I have a neighbor with a bunny! I'm thinking the 2nd weekend in March for live bunny photos! More info to come all around.

1 comment: